December is here already?! Another year that seems to have just flown by. Today I’m rounding up some of my favorite products from the last month, most of which are first time purchases but are now definitely not the last.
1. Trader Joe’s Tea Tree Tingle Conditioner– Of course I had been seeing this conditioner all over social media pages that I follow and a lot of my fellow naturalistas swear by this it. I live in a small town and it does not have a Trader Joe’s, so I waited until I was able to get to a place that had one so that I could buy it. At under $4, the price could not be beat. When I opened the bottle to take a whiff, with its blend of tea tree oil, peppermint and eucalyptus, I knew that my scalp and hair were going to be pretty happy.
And I was right, I applied it to my hair after a fresh wash and let it do its thing for about 5 minutes before I got to detangling with my fingers. The slip is amazing!! My fingers ran right through my hair, which is a great thing because I do not want to do any damage to my hair trying to get the tangles out.
I highly recommend this conditioner. I’m definitely going to make sure that I stay stocked up on it whenever I get to a Trader Joe’s or just order online, even though I’m too impatient to wait for things in the mail. I’m working on that quality about myself, really, I am.
2. Roc Daily Resurfacing Disks– These little miracle disks were recommended to me by a fellow blogger and one of my favorite Instagram pages @mycandishoppe. I saw that she posted a picture of the products in her skincare routine, this was one of them. I almost immediately went out to purchase it and I have been so happy with the results.
As you probably know from previous posts, I love my Olay Pro X 2-speed rotating facial cleansing brush. It’s great for exfoliating my skin and combating any hyperpigmentation that I have. I only use it 1-2 times a week, any more than that is a little too harsh for my sensitive skin. Between the days when I don’t use it, I rely on these Daily Resurfacing Disks. With one smooth side and one side that exfoliates, I can really see a big difference in the smoothness and overall appearance of my skin. This product is around $10 with 20 disks…worth every penny. And they seem to last quite a while, especially because I don’t use them every day.
3. NYX Liquid Suede Cream Lipstick in ‘Tea and Cookies’– I only bought one of these beautiful cream lipsticks because I wanted to make sure that I was going to like it. I don’t like it, I love it! The consistency and pigment of the lipstick is amazing, a little definitely goes a long way. They run around $7 and I am going back for more. This color is perfect for everyday, and sometimes I even mix it with other matte lipsticks to achieve different shades. Go out and purchase these, you will not be disappointed.
4. MAC Select Sheer Pressed Powder– Now I have to be honest, I haven’t bought or used any MAC cosmetics in a very long time. Not because I don’t like them but because I’d have to travel to another town or order online if I wanted something that bad. Well, in this case I was in the mall of a nearby city and decided to go and visit to my old familiar friend: The MAC counter. I decided on this pressed powder because it is supposed to be good for this oily skin of mine. It really does its job.
I use it in the morning to set all of my makeup and touch up only once throughout the day. I am really pleased with this product and will definitely repurchase it, because you don’t really have to twist my arm too much to step into Macy’s and peruse the makeup counters.
4. Denman Styling Brush– Okay, I have to say that this brush has completely changed how I style my hair! I haven’t put a brush in my it for almost 2 years since going natural. I have been afraid a brush wouldn’t go through easily and it would end up tearing my hair. So for this whole time, I have been relying on finger combing and just a wide-tooth comb for parting. There’s nothing wrong with that but when I found this brush and saw how much some of my fellow naturalistas loved it, I had to give it a try.
Put all of the products that you use into your hair, raking them into the hair to make sure everything is evenly distributed. The trick is to section your hair off and detangle the ends of each section gently and work your way up until the brush goes through the entire section with ease. The brush defined my curls in a way that I haven’t seen before. The curls were smoother and more uniformed. Now there are days when I don’t mind my curls being wild and carefree, but when I want a sleeker look, I reach for the Denman Brush.
I’m beginning to realize that most of my favorite things have been recommended to me in some way. I am so appreciative of that, and I hope that my posts inspire you or make you aware of some of the great products that are out there too.
If you try any of the products in the post or previous posts, let me know; take a picture and tag #naturallykrich for a feature on my social media sites.
Thank you for reading!