If you’re anything like me, you feel that nothing gets the day started on the right foot quite like that perfect cup of coffee. That first sip of warm goodness and the jolt of caffeine hit the spot every time.
This morning I made a quick and easy face scrub, that will give your face the same jolt and a few extra benefits thrown in there too.
I’m on a mission to get my skin in check. I’m still dealing with breakouts and old acne scars. I know that besides good skin care, diet and exercise have a lot to do with a healthy complexion, so I’m trying to make those positive changes as well.
The ingredients I used:
- Coffee grounds (1 scoop like shown in the photo)
- Coconut Oil (2 tablespoons) I have refined here, because I cook with it. If you want that coconut scent, use unrefined.
- Lemon juice (1 tbsp)–I would have used fresh lemon, but this time, I was out.
Add more to the mix if you want to make enough for a few uses.
Combine the ingredients and apply to damp, clean skin. Then gently rub in into the skin in slow circles. You don’t want to be too rough on the skin, there’s no need to rub vigorously. The roughness of the grounds is enough.
Rinse the scrub off with warm water, I found that a wet washcloth is helpful in making sure that all of it is off of your skin.
Some of the benefits of coffee on the skin include:
- Reducing redness
- Tightening skin
- Acts as an inflammatory
- Helps protect against sun damage
You may be amazed at the many uses of coconut oil. For a long list of those uses click here:
The list of benefits is just about as long. A few of them are:
- Natural skin conditioner
- Protects against environmental and free radical damage
- Helps with anti aging and eczema
- Provides some sun protection
Benefits of Lemon on skin:
- Gets rid of acne marks and scars
- Brighten complexion
So along with my summer goals of getting in better shape and eating healthy, having better skin is on that list too.
Comment here or on any of my social medias (@naturallykrich) if you try this scrub or anything you have seen here at Naturally K. Rich. I’d love to hear your thoughts.
Thank you for reading!